Lagi liat – liat Evernote, lalu menemukan ini:
Hari ini, tanggal 25 juli 2015, akhirnya cobain masak chicken wings pake BBQ sauce, liat video nya di buzzfeed. Ternyata enakkk. Sayang cuma beli 1lbs, cuma 12 pcs. Namanya coba – coba kan. Tapi ternyata enak banget. Dia doyan banget. Si suami yg gemesin. Cuma ambil 6 ayam, terus makannya bersih banget tulangnya hahaha. Terus ya ku tawarin lah, “Mau lagi gak ayam nya?” Biasanya kalo gak mau nambah dia bakal bilang, “Gak, itu bagian kamu, aku kenyang, liat nih perut udah gede”, tapi kali ini dia gak bilang apa apa, mukanya ragu. Kalo bilang gak mau, tapi dia doyan dan laper. Kalo bilang mau, ragu – ragu karena aku baru makan 3 biji. Jadilah langsung ku taro aja ayamnya di piring. Langsung dimakan hahaha sambil bilang “Ini enak banget, penting banget kamu harus catet resepnya”. Gemessss!
Besoknya langsung minta ke Taj Mahal, supermarket halal di Sunnyvale hanya untuk beli chicken wings.
This is my first Ramadan in the US and it’s 16 hours long! Although it’s only 2 hours more than I usually do in Indonesia, it is harder to fast because the neighbors start having their dinner at 6 or 7 and eventually the smell will fly around to my very sensitive nose. By the way, chicken satay will always be on the table during iftar or sahoor time and after living here for 7 months, finally my tongue craves for it. Even my husband wants it when I showed him the pictures hahaha.
I was not sure what kind of peanut abang – abang tukang sate used, it’s probably the usual peanut, but I want to try a different thing. So I bought cashew instead! Besides, we have Peanut Butter, and my husband & daddy said, “You can use that as the sauce”. Uh, no, I don’t think so.
So here’s the result! My husband wanted a fancy chicken satay and he said peppers will give more taste, so we did put some sweet mini peppers. And it was beyond delicious, I’m not kidding. We grilled this for 2 iftar in a row because of its deliciousness!
- Preparation: 2 hours
- Grilling: 30 minutes
- Ingredients (serves 20 skewers of chicken, 10 skewers of beef):
- 2 lbs chicken breast
- 0.5 lbs beef chuck tender
- 200 gr of fried cashew (deep fry for 3 minutes until the color turns to golden brown)
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp lemon juice (because I don’t have tamarind)
- 1 tbsp ground coriander
- 2 cayenne pepper
- 4 tbsp sweet soy sauce
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Cut the chicken and beef into small cubes
- Grind all the cashew sauce ingredients while pouring water as you go into a paste
- Marinate the chicken and beef with the cashew sauce for 1 hour or more in a small container and put that back into the fridge
- Stack the chicken 4 to 5 cubes each skewer. Do the same thing with the beef
- Grill or broil for 5 minutes each side until you get that good looking burnt on each sides
- Serves with hot white rice right away
Isn’t that looking so good? It’s 6.47pm now, and I am struggling to hold the hunger.